Skip to main content

Kasi (?) Past

 


Character Used:                                                   POV:






Story Snippet (?) (PAST) POV: Kasi.


“Al-most, there…” 

Kasi stood up as high as he could, using a stone for support as he attempted to tie a length of colorful orange fabric onto a tree branch. When he accomplished this, he stood back, watching the piece sway in the breeze, backdropped by the heart shaped leafs of the fruit tree.

He huffed proudly before plucking one of the plump pink fruits and sitting down under the tree roots.

He sat there for a while eating his fruit before hearing the branches rustling, and as he saw the leafs fall on the ground in front of him he looked up.

Just then his view was obscured by a sheet of bright orange. 

Kasi recognized this immediately as his length of fabric, and rushed to pull it off from his head, the small antlers peaking out from his hair making it more difficult.

He succeeded just in time to watch a figure jump down from the top of the tree, a new sheet of red fabric hanging from the branches.

“Hey!” Kasi exclaimed, “I claimed this tree!”

The figure now in front of him, a dark haired boy who seemed to be close in age to Kasi, on his sixth Mark maybe? Simply grinned.

“I don’t know about that,” he chided, “the only claim I see up there is mine; so actually, this is my tree, and you’re stealing.”

He plucked a piece of fruit for himself and slipped down to sit next to Kasi, who gripped his now defiled fabric with annoyance.

“Buuut, I’m feeling nice right now, so you can stay.”

Another one of the fruit was tossed towards Kasi, and he caught it in both hands.

“I’m Azra,” the boy greeted.

Kasi looked at the fruit confused, he couldn’t understand what the current series of events was turning into, and the boy was giving him serious mixed signals.

“Well, you gonna tell me your name?” He asked, taking a bite of his fruit.

“Kasi…”

“Cool.”

They sat there for a little longer, each taking bites of the fruit periodically, Kasi generally feeling very uncomfortable with his new companion.

“When I’m old enough, I’m going to start my own group,” Azra declared, “or maybe I’ll just take over someone else’s,” he shrugs, “we’ll see how I feel at the time.”

Kasi looks him over, wondering if Azra was naive or just overconfident, but the boy did seem to be a pretty strong Adaptor, even at his current Mark.

“Of course it’ll only have the best,” he continued, “as all groups do, I’m trying to think of a good name… Oh well, it’ll come to me eventually.”

Kasi got more confused by the minute, but even with the lessons from his late parents echoing through his mind, he decides to ask:

“Could I help?”

He winced as soon as Azra began to laugh, a full, loose laugh.

“Oh! oh-” his smile drops, “you’re serious.”

Azra stands up and places his hand on Kasi’s shoulder, looking him in the eyes.

“Look, buddy, I don’t even need to see you do anything to know that you’re… mh, pitifully weak, right?”

Kasi didn’t know how he was supposed to respond.

“Anyway, people like you make great listeners, really, but that’s because I don’t expect you to survive any longer than the next Blackblossom Eclipse, yeah?”

“But hey, maybe you’ll surprise me, maybe I’ll see you around.”

Azra sits back down and nonchalantly tosses a piece of fruit into the air, “I say that like I’m about to take my leave, but obviously I claimed this spot for the time being soo, I think you’re the one who has to leave.”

Kasi tightens his fist but says nothing, he’s well aware of how things are for him. So he starts gathering his pack, but when he reaches for the fabric that was taken down, Azra grabs it.

“Also, I think I’ll keep this.” 

He grins at Kasi, as if daring him to challenge it, but Kasi says nothing as he turns around to leave.

Comments