Skip to main content

Cristin (?) (Past)

 Card used:









Story Snippet (?) (PAST) POV: Cristin.


“‘Shimozvi,’ in the Old Xemish dialect, is a word without any direct translation to the Common Chandalyn language, but I suppose you could sum it up to someone relaying to an acquaintance that they are momentarily leaving.” 

“You suppose, or you know?” Eed crystallizes out of thin air next to Cristin. “You do love talking to yourself.”

“Why shouldn’t I, you’re always paying attention.” Cristin gets up from his desk, Eed trailing closely behind, “besides, it helps me remember.” 

“No matter, you haven’t answered my first question,” Eed taps the stone tablet, “When translating between parties, you must be sure of what you are relaying to them, one slip can cause a complete misunderstanding.”

Cristin turns to look at his Aide, “Of course, this being a dead language in all, I won’t be relaying these words to anyone.”

“That is not the point.”

“Why am I learning Old Xemish anyway, there’s so many more useful languages I could be learning right now.”

Eed’s white eyes convey no emotion, but she makes up for it by crossing her crystal arms, “I think sometimes you Chandalyns are too focused on preparation. Even so, as you never can tell, this language may in the future be of some help.”


Comments